You can enter as performer or as a composer
- Art Music by contemporary/modern composers (20th and 21st century compositions).
- Movie themes, arrangements of commercial music, pop music, etc.
- Published or newly composed pieces.
Solo, duos, small and large groups (any number of performers).
Your vocals may be on microphone and electronically or digitally enhanced.
Any production method accepted: live, solo with piano or guitar accompaniment, back track, electronic music, etc.
Your video may have editing.
One piece/composition per entry.
You may also perform your own composed music:
You may perform your composition with live accompaniment (e.g. singing while you play piano or guitar) or you may perform your original composition with an electronically edited track you composed all the music for, e.g. songwriters singing along with a backing track you made yourself.
- a pianist playing his/her own piano composition at the piano;
- any instrumentalist playing their own composition on their instrument;
- singing your own song while accompanying yourself on the piano or any other instrument.
- singing to the accompaniment of a backing track of one or more tracks (singing or instrumental) that you layered and recorded all the layers performing it yourself.
You may use microphones to pick up your accompaniment instrument, voice or both.
Your sound may be enhanced, edited, reverb and other effects added, etc.
You may submit a performance video: edited from different angles, inserts, etc.
Young Musicians: age 7 and younger
Junior 1: age 8 and 9
Junior 2: ages 10 to 13
Senior: ages 14 to 18
Collegiate: age 19 to 26
Mixed: mixed age groups
Your age is calculated as on October 1st.
- Updated starting October 2022: Competitors compete for Grand Prize 100%, First Prize with Honors, Second and Third prize, Honorable Mention or Merit per age category. All competitors get emailed pdf-certificates and a comment sheet report card with scores.
- Grand Prize (100%), 1st Prize with Honors (98% and 99%), First Prize (95-97%), Second Prize (90-94%), Third Prize (85-89%), Honorable Mention (80-84%), Merit (<80%).
Sheet Music or Memorized.
YouTube video link of your performance
Entry October 1-31
Results emailed on or before November 28
Results posted to our website on November 29
Entry fee USD40 per entry (flat rate, no extra charge for number of players)