Perform ONE piece per entry form of repertoire selected from either Early Music, Baroque, Classicism, Romanticism, or Modern periods.
One piece or one movement (not a program) on your video and listed on your entry form.
Solo, duos, chamber groups, large groups (any number of players).
Groups (chamber, choral and symphonic) may be presented in virtual format (typically a multi-image video edited to a final performance product).
Memorized or sheet music.
One piece, original form (not simplified or arranged)
Vocalists and Instrumentalists
You may enter as many pieces as you wish, but each piece is a separate entry form. Your entry form will list the one piece and your video link will feature that one piece. Then you may continue with by submitting more entry forms if you want to enter more pieces.
- There is no specific length or time restriction, however judges reserve the right to judge only the first 15 minutes of a lengthy composition.
- Repeats at the performer's discretion. All Da Capo and Dal Segno must be observed.
- Single movements of sonatas or concertos may be entered. Single dances from Suites may be entered. Prelude and Fugues may be entered as separate pieces. Theme and Variations must be entered as a complete piece.
- Concerto movements may be entered with piano reduction accompaniment or with orchestral track backing or recorded with live orchestra (for example at a concert).
- Vocalists may enter a capella selections if that is the style of the entry. Songs with accompaniment, e.g. art songs, opera arias, etc., must be performed with live or recorded accompaniment.
You will compete in age categories for Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes, Honorable Mention and Merit awards.
Young Musicians: age 7 and younger
Junior 1: age 8 and 9
Junior 2: ages 10 to 13
Senior: ages 14 to 18
Collegiate: age 19 to 26
Open: Mixed Age groups
Age calculated as on May 1st.
YouTube video link of your performance
Pdf Upload of your sheet music (required only for solo 20th century works).
Entry period May 1 - 31
Entry fee USD40 (flat rate. No extra charge for more players or large groups)
RESULTS: emailed on or before June 26 and published to website on or before June 27